. TOUCH -Being touched in a loving and kind way makes us FEEL loved and gives feedback to the brain about that touch and in turn the brain can initiate relaxation and in turn healing. Baby massages are one of theeeee best things you can do for your little loved ones. I did it for my daughter and/ or foot massages and she still goes to sleep over them even now, 16 years later....:-)
2. CIRCULATION- increased circulation to the areas of tension that are being worked on in a massage helps the body to break down toxins and to repair and heal those areas.
3. ME TIME- just for yourself , no one to bother you, nothing to do, nothing to think about just relax and melt into the table.
4. Self LOVE-By making time for yourself and doing something enjoyable and healing you are demonstrating self love
5. Own your HEALTH- by budgeting for a holistic massage you are taking responsibility of your own long term health.
6 Helps with ANXIETY- Anxiety has become a common mental health issue and costs the government millions. Many people end up on ongoing medication. The good news is that it's medically proven that regular massages can reduce the level of stress hormones by up to 50%. Furthermore, consistent massage sessions can also reduce trigger sources for anxiety, hostility, tension, and depression.
7. LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE – Regular massage therapy sessions have been found to reduce blood pressure levels. In fact, some long-term studies have shown that a consistent massage program can reduce both systolic (upper number) and diastolic (lower number) blood pressure. In turn, lower blood pressure levels can also reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke, and/or kidney failure, as well as many other health issues.
8.. TENSION release- Most common places for tension are neck and upper back and hips. The right amount of pressure and warmth created through friction as well as proprioceptor- stimulation will allow the body to release tension. The squeezing, twisting, and pulling action of the massage technique also removes lactic acid from the muscle tissues. As a result, this action improves the lymph fluid circulation, which carries metabolic waste products away from internal organs and muscles. In a holistic massage we address associated energy blockages and emotions as well which helps to go deeper into the "tension issue" and deepen the healing.
9. OUT of MIND- Yes, you heard me. Massages help you to get out of the busy mind into the body which is relaxing. Great to relief most headaches.
10. Insomnia- Regular massages help teach the body to relax and switch the mind off together with the physical relaxation of muscles and increased blood flow to the peripheral tissue, body and mind work together to snap out of stress mode into relaxation mode. Regular is key here.
11 Enhances sports performance- Regular massages improve the quality and elasticity of muscles as well as help regeneration and recuperation of injured or over worked muscles. "Rest well and reap the benefits".
12. BOOST for the immune System -A research group at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center discovered that a single 45-minute massage alters the immune response. Studies have indicated that regular massage sessions not only help reduce stress, but can also boost the immune system’s cytotoxic capacity (activity level of the body’s natural “killer cells”) and enhances the body’s ability to deliver nourishment. So, a fortnightly 90 min holistic massage will definitely boost your immune system to fend off winter illnesses and so much more...